Takoma Park Mobilization members have voted overwhelmingly to endorse Marc Elrich for Montgomery County executive.
Marc Elrich is a strong leader. His signature achievements include Montgomery County’s $15 minimum wage and the launch of an innovative bus rapid transit (BRT) system. Marc has long championed economic and racial justice, environmental sustainability, equitable education funding, workers’ rights, and support for renters and immigrants within our community. He is the outstanding choice for Montgomery County executive.
During voting, TPM members commented:
- “Marc is a true progressive who will fight for a more inclusive Montgomery County and expand opportunities for all residents.”
- “Strong background in people-centered leadership. Fights for working people and marginalized communities.”
- “I want balanced, ethical government representing our communities that is not controlled by powerful development interests.”
- “Marc Elrich is concerned with development that benefits all income groups and that [balances] development and [our] transportation and education needs. He supports funding education and public transit.
- “He is clearly the progressive choice. Strong on environment, education, and workers.”
- “Marc is the progressive candidate. No one else close.”
You can help Marc win!! Here’s how:
- Donate to Marc’s campaign at https://www.marcelrich.org/donate. Marc is using Montgomery County public campaign financing and is not accepting developer, corporate, or PAC contributions. Donations are limited to $150 and will be matched up to 6-to-1.
- Canvass for Marc or attend a candidate forum or other event to show your support. Information is online at https://www.marcelrich.org/events.
- Request a free yard sign at https://actionnetwork.org/forms/request-a-marc-sign.
- Vote Marc Elrich at an early-voting location between October 25 and November 1, on Election Day November 6, or by mail-in ballot. Visit https://www.montgomerycountymd.gov/elections/index2.html to verify your registration, to register, and for voting information.
Marc Elrich is the leader Montgomery County needs to meet the opportunities and challenges of the coming years. Please join Takoma Park Mobilization in supporting Marc Elrich for Montgomery County executive.