Environmental Action at TPM’s next ‘big’ meeting, Jan. 26
The Mobilization’s next ‘big’ meeting, on January 26, will focus on Environmental Action. Speakers will include Maryland Sen. Brian Feldman, lead sponsor of the Maryland Clean Energy Jobs Act, Tamara Toles-O’Laughlin of Maryland Environmental Health Network, and Mike Tidwell, founder and executive director of the Chesapeake Climate Action Network. Following their presentations, we’ll have interactive, town hall style discussion centering on action to address the global climate emergency.
The meeting takes place Saturday, January 26, 2019, 4 pm–6 pm at Piney Branch Elementary School, 7510 Maple Ave, Takoma Park. Please mark your calendar!
Direct Support for Immigrants (DSI) wants to hear from you!
DSI is a subcommittee of the TPM Immigration Committee and has several opportunities for engagement:
- We are seeking Spanish-speaking volunteers who would be willing to be on-call once a week or once every other week to meet migrants arriving in Silver Spring from ICE detention facilities.
- Would you like to support a family or immigrant this holiday season? If you are able to purchase and deliver gifts to one or more child/person during the next week, please let us know.
- Our next meeting will be held on January 14th at 7 PM in a private home. For location address, please send us a message. All are welcome, even if you just want to learn more about our work.
- Please “Like” us on Facebook in order to follow our work. Donations through our Facebook page incur zero fees and are tax-deductible. Donating is also possible through Paypal at https://www.dsimmigrants.org/donate.
For more information, or to find out our meeting location, please email email@example.com.
Support Historic Takoma
Historic Takoma has been very generous with TPM, allowing us frequent use of their Carroll Avenue space at no cost, and they do great work in the community. Please consider saying thank you with your financial support to help HT maintain their building and archives at 7328 Carroll Avenue, expand activities, and celebrate their 40th anniversary in 2019!
Make your contribution online or if you prefer, send a check directly to Historic Takoma, PO Box 5781, Takoma Park MD 20913. Your donation is tax deductible.
- Spokes Council, Tuesday, January 8, 2019, 7 pm at Historic Takoma
- Immigration, Thursday, January 10, 2019, 7:30 pm at Historic Takoma
- COOL (Communications / Outreach / Organizing / Logistics), Thursday, January 10, 2019, 7:30 pm at 7006 Carroll Ave. #202, Takoma Park