Takoma Park Mobilization is neighbors working together to engage our community and take action to support ALL of our neighbors.
We commit to:
- Engaging our community to create equity and justice, and tangibly improve people’s lives.
- Operating with an open, consensus-based community process.
- Organizing locally around community, economic, environmental, and political issues on the local, regional, state, and national level.
- Embracing nonviolence as we take action.
- Working inclusively across difference including that of culture, language, class, race, gender, identity, age, immigration status, religion, viewpoint, sexual orientation, gender identity and disability.
- Building community capacity and skills, using our local resources wisely and equitably.
- Working collaboratively and in partnership with community organizations who represent the most impacted, while standing with the least powerful among us.
- Recognizing the privilege that some of us have and using the power of all of us to build a safer and healthier community for everyone.
We work together:
- Breaking Bread, community dinners: firstname.lastname@example.org. Sign up to join our potlucks and dinners at breakingbreadtogether.net, and you’ll receive occasional emails on new opportunities to break bread together.
- Communications/Outreach/Organizing/Logistics: COOL@tpmobilization.org
+ Arts Group: email@example.com
- Economic Equity: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Education & Training: email@example.com
+ Subcommittee on Diversity, Inclusion, Bias and Anti-Racism Training: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Electoral/Constitutional: email@example.com
- Environmental: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Immigration, Sanctuary, Muslim working group: email@example.com
- Incarceration: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Indivisible: email@example.com